Fir Cones Kindergarten (ages 3 – 4)
The Firs Kindergarten is open to children aged 3 and 4 who can attend from one to five full day sessions. Children may join the Pre-School Kindergarten class immediately after their 3rd birthday.
Our experienced Kindergarten leader and a team of highly qualified practitioners within the Pre-School department are sensitive to the individual needs of each child in their care. We understand that a child’s first years are crucial and that their environment must be full of broad, first hand experiences in order for them to grow and develop.
- The Pre-School Kindergarten class is situated in a purpose built building with excellent resources
- Wrap around care 7:45am-6pm (if required)
- A outdoor learning area which is utilised fully throughout the school day./li>
- Children have access to a range of large and small play equipment, including climbing frames, trikes, sand, and water play and extensive role play equipment.
- A smooth transition into our Reception class, aided by the children having regular contact with the Reception teachers and class environments.
- Following the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, a framework for children up to the age of 5, setting out seven key areas of learning around which activities are based.
- Many of our Pre-School children when ready, are beginning to read, write and develop number skills, we enhance this through a rich learning environment offering reading books and library books to take home when the child is ready.
- Our Pre-School children are guaranteed a place in our Reception Class in the September following their fourth birthday
- Our Pre-School children attend events alongside the rest of the school, such as Sports Day, end of year services, integrated fun days and special days with visitors.
- The children are also taught music by our specialist music teacher and are able to participate in performances for parents at our Christmas Nativity and termly whole school church services.
- French is introduced from the beginning and continues through the school.
- The Kindergarten is registered with Sure Start to receive Nursery Education Grants.